Despite the current doom and gloom scenarios, we are about to be catapulted into a 20-year cycle of unrivalled innovation and new market opportunities according to one of the world’s renowned futures consultancies, The Future Laboratory.
Rosanna Iacono, Associate Strategy & Foresight Analyst at the Future Laboratory will be presenting the organisation’s much anticipated Macro Trend for 2022, The Paralysis Paradox, for the first time in Australia at the International Sourcing Expo on Tuesday 15th November.
In a three-part presentation, Rosanna will discuss ‘The Big Challenge’, ‘The Big Change’ and ‘The Great Solution’.
“At a time of global dissonance, shared solutions and disruptive changes will emerge from science, technology and business organisations that are willing to challenge and transform the on-going paralysis,” says Rosanna.
“For businesses to successfully break through this paralysis paradox and harness a roaring twenties of innovation, they must embrace the three Ls; liability, legitimacy and legacy,” she adds.
Rosanna says the fundamental shifts that have the potential to reshape the future of brands are global burn out, economic unrest, polarised populations and a new wave of expertise pushing into the public consciousness.
“These shifts are creating a number of trends affecting brands and organisations. For example C suite members are evolving business initiatives and stepping in where governments are failing socially, politically and economically. Businesses are becoming planetary custodians and we predict there will be a wave of innovation harnessing previously untapped resources.’
Another ‘not to be missed’ seminar will be conducted by Paul Zahra, Australian Retailers Association CEO. Paul will address the current state of the retail industry, highlighting the ongoing state of disruption and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the industry.
This year the International Sourcing Expo welcomes a jam-packed line-up of industry experts to help expo attendees navigate the world of global sourcing:
Tuesday 15th November
- Macro Trend -The Paralysis Paradox | Rosanna Iacono, Foresight Analyst at The Future Laboratory and Managing Partner at The Growth Activists 10:00-11:00am
- Why Conscious Fashion Matters | James Bartle, CEO, Outland Denim, Beth Glancey, Global Head of Partnerships & General Manager, ANZ AirRobe, Anthony Chesler, CEO, Thread Together & Danielle Millar, GM, Shona Joy 11:30am-12:30pm
- The Shifting Sands of Sustainability | Melinda Tually, Director, Ndless: The New Normal 1:00-2:00pm
- How to ensure your factories values align with your brand values | Giovanni Pino, Co-Founder and CEO, SOURCI 2:30-3:30pm
Wednesday 16th November
- An ongoing state of disruption: the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for retail | Paul Zahra, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Retailers Association10:00-11:00am
- Product traceability | Kara Hurry, Director, Entente Agency & Chief Marketing Officer, FibreTrace & Good Earth Cotton & Hannah Heading, Customer Care and Media Coordinator, Nudie Jeans Co Australia 12:00-1:00pm
- Global Supply Chain in a Post Pandemic World | Michael Muratore, Founder & Managing Director, Freight-World Corporation, Barry Joyce, Footwear Compliance & Sourcing Manager, Brand Collective & Wes McDiarmid, Director of the Victorian Freight and Logistics Council (VFLC) and Chairman of the Victorian Airfreight Working Group (VAWG) 2:00-3:00pm
Thursday 17th November
- Protecting your IP | Anita Brown, Principal, Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick 10:30-11:30am
About the International Sourcing Expo
The International Sourcing Expo Australia connects Australian and New Zealand trade buyers with a broad range of manufacturers and suppliers from across the globe.
With a focus on apparel, accessories and textiles, the event provides an efficient way for international sourcing, learning and networking for industry professionals.
The expo will assist with improving or diversifying your supply chain and product offer, compare production capability and costs, produce your own label or start a new sourcing business.
The International Sourcing Expo and Footwear and Leather show is from 15 – 17 November 2022 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. To register go to https://www.internationalsourcingexpo.com/register-to-visit
For further information, please visit:
For interviews and media enquiries please contact:
PR Director @ effie&co